Virtual Conference Presentation Instructions
The AMTA 2020 Conference will be hosted on the vFAIRS virtual platform during November 2-5, 2020. The technical program will be organized into six (6) focused sessions. Each presentation must be pre-recorded by the presenter(s). Pre-recorded presentation length shall not exceed 15 minutes and should be recorded in an MP4 file not exceeding 5 GB in size. Please follow the instructions below for your presentation upload:
- Use the AMTA2020_Virtual_Presentation_Template to prepare the slides for your presentation.
- There are several tools available to easily record a presentation:
- The simplest is to create a Voice Over PowerPoint presentation. Use the recording feature in PowerPoint to add narration to your slides as though you are presenting at the conference. Instructions for the PowerPoint recording can be found at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/video-record-presentations-2570dff5-f81c-40bc-b404-e04e95ffab33. Save the recording in an MP4 file format.
- You can also use screen recording software (e.g., Screencast-o-Matic). This software is provided to AMTA 2020 authors at no-cost by vFAIRS. Instructions for recording using Screencast-o-Matic are available at record.vfairs.com.
- Alternatively, you can use any meeting software (such as WebEx, GoToMeeting, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.), as long as your final file is in the MP4 format.
- Once you have chosen a tool and recorded your presentation, play back the MP4 file on your computer to make sure the recording is of sufficient quality.
- Upload the pre-recorded presentation in MP4 format at amta2020.vfairs.com/upload
- After uploading the MP4 file, a video URL link is generated as shown in the picture below. Copy this link and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Presentation Video URL”.
Please watch the video below as an example of a pre-recorded presentation.
If you have any questions, please contact:
C. J. Reddy, AMTA 2020 Technical Coordinator